Huck to Flat - ODIN Pedals
Huck to Flat is a Brisbane based mountain bike components company by Engineer Jonathan Hewett, with a focus on affordable Bomb proof parts.
The ODIN Pedal takes all of the features that are desirable in a flat pedal and combines them into one. Vital MTB did a huge flat pedal comparison, they got scientific with their method and allocated a rating to each desired feature: weight, platform size, concavity, thinness etc. When I was designing the ODIN, I took this comparison to make what i believe is the best flat pedal on the market.
- Thin profile: 13-17mm thick
- Large Platform: 106 x 101mm
- 2mm of concavity through the centre
- Light weight: 392g per set
- Max Grip or Standard tune options (both included)
- Sealed cartridge and PTFE (Teflon) lined plain bearings
- Made from aerospace grade aluminium and heat-treated chromoly
- Designed using 3D modelling and FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
** The ODIN Pedals come with 2 sets of pins (Max Grip and Standard) you can custom tune the pedals to suit the grip you would like and get a little creative with large pins on the outside and medium pins in the centres etc. (however you feel works best) all easy to install and makes the feel that little more specific to how you ride.
Switched back to flats after riding clips for last few years. Tried a couple different pedals which felt weird to me but these are awesome. Heaps of grip and the concave really gives you the feel of sinking into the pedal. Great price too for something that’s easily comparable to the big names.
Really happy with the Odin pedals, love the tuneable pin lengths and the grip is second to none. 10/10